Do I Need a Professional Designer?
I can do it myself
- Fact #1: Designing web pages is easy. Why?
- There are many cheap and even free web design programs available.
- Most of these programs allow the novice user to design a web page in WYSIWYG mode ("What You See Is What You Get").
- Some programs such as Word, Powerpoint and Publisher have a "Save as web page" option.
- So, if you are reasonably computer literate you can design your own web page.
- Fact #2: Designing an effective website is difficult! Why?
- There are different computer operating systems in use (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac, Linux), many different browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari), and even more different versions of those browsers, and each have their own peculiarities to cope with. Do you know what your website will look like with all these variations? Oh, and let's not forget those users browsing from their cellphones... And maybe handicapped users who are dependent on voice assistive technology...
- Web standards are constantly evolving. The latest standards now being implemented are HTML5 and CSS3 - does this mean anything to you? There are many advantages but also drawbacks of using the new features, for example different browsers support some of these features differently.
- A website which is not properly indexed by search engines is like a library book locked away in a storeroom - it is of no use to anyone. So, what is the point of marketing your business on a website if nobody is ever going to find it? Search engine optimization is not an easy task, but it is vital to the success of your business website.
- Web users are VERY impatient; if they do not find what they want on your website within a few seconds you will lose their interest - that's all the time you have to capture them! Fancy animated graphics have their place, but if your web takes too long to download you are going to lose your visitors before they have even had a chance to see your home page. Unless you are running a nightclub, would you employ a bouncer to chase away your customers before they have even walked into your front door?
Unless you are really dedicated and are prepared to face a steep learning-curve, d-i-y may not the best option for you.
We are here to help you!
Alphabyte gives you all the advantages of:
- Affordability: Our established organization keeps your costs to a minimum.
- Effectiveness: Our aim is to not merely to provide you with a website, but to provide you with an effective business tool.
- Reliability: We have a reputation to uphold.
Okay - it sounds good. Where do I go from here?
Fill in the form on this page and we'll contact you, answer any queries you have, and take it from there.
Why do you need a website?
Buying a new car is exciting! You will probably spend a good deal of time deciding on the make, model and colour of your choice. You also need to decide what it must do for you: are you going to use it mainly for commuting (short distance, one or two people), holidays (long distance with the whole family and their luggage), or maybe even off-road?
Similarly, before you consider establishing or revamping your website you need to decide what it must do for you: is it to establish your brand, to advertise your products, or maybe to sell directly online? Equipped with this knowledge, we can help you to ensure that your website meets your needs and expectations.